Another Story


I have been on a reading kick lately. I think I have read 6 books in the past two weeks. I grabbed another one from the parent room at the hospital today but haven't started it yet. Reading offers me an escape from my own life - even if it is just for a brief moment. I enjoy getting completely submerged in the book that I am reading. It makes it dificult to think about anything other than the words on the page. It's not that I want to totally escape my life. There are a lot of things about my life that I love and wouldn't trade for anything. It's just that my mind is constantly going in 50 different directions. Reading keeps me from doing that. Keeps me focused on just one thing - which doesn't happen very often. I don't think about bills, being fat, or Elijah being sick when I am reading a good book. It's nice to get away from all of that from time to time. Britt hates it when I start a new book because I carry it all over the house with me and read all the time. He will wake up in the middle of the night only to find me on my side of the bed, my bedside light on, and my face buried in a book. :) He gave up complaining about it a long time ago. Now he just rolls his eyes and goes back to sleep. He's a good husband. :)
I think I just realized that this book I got is a cheesy romance novel. Believe it or not, I don't like cheesy romance novels - not even if they have a picture of some Roman god like beefcake on the cover. UGH.

2 comments:

Susan August 15, 2007 at 8:43 AM  

It's funny how people with the same likes go about things completely differently!

I read when I am NOT swamped. And I love it! My favorite thing, as of late, is books on CD. My 60 minutes of commuting go by extremely quickly that way, and I feel like I am accomplishing something vs. just sitting in the car. Or talking on my cel phone!

I also love the feeling of being totally submerged in another world. My situation is different, though, because it is Chasen, who can not go one day without reading, who will read at all hours. If I'm fast asleep, he has my "permission" to have his lamp on. Otherwise, he has taken to wearing a head lamp because it is spot lighting and does not keep me awake. HA!

CewTwo August 17, 2007 at 1:34 PM  

I love to read. There is no escape quite like it.

When you read a book, then see a movie made from it, I always think about how they could have gotten it so wrong...

That's why reading it is best!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.