25 Things

Several people have posted a random 25 things about me sort of thing on facebook recently. I have been thinking about this quite a bit. I don't know that I could come up with 25 things that I would really want to share with just anyone. Maybe my closest friends.. maybe Britt or my sister, but don't they know everything they need to know about me? Would any of my "25 things" come as a shock to them? Maybe to my sister.. but not to Britt.. I don't think.

1. When I read a book, I skip over words like if, and, but and the... I finish books really quickly.
2. I like to cook - but don't like the prep work or cleaning up.
3. I used to like to iron clothes. Now it's a pain in the rear.
4. I say the word "shit" way too much.
5. I am petrified of my car going off a bridge and landing in the river. I want one of those little tools that breaks glass out of the car so I can make a speedy escape.
6. I have very strange dreams nearly every night.
7. I want to be a nurse, but am petrified I won't be good at it.
8. I have a tattoo and would someday like to get another one.
9. I only have 9 things on this stupid list and am struggling trying to come up with more stuff.
10. I am a hypochondriac.
11. My husband makes me laugh everyday
12. Sometimes I really hate the fact that my daughter is so much like my exhusband
13. I hate hominy and english peas
14. If I could go anywhere in the world, I would want to go to Ireland.
15. I think it's neurotic that one day I think I need to be a tree hugging hippy and the next day I want to be a soccer mom and the day after that, I want to be a sports nut.. but the next day, I want to be a couch potato. I am just thankful I don't ever want to be a redneck again.
16. The first concert I went to without my mom was Adam Ant.
17. Sometimes I think I am really good at offering advice to other people
18. I used to want to be an English teacher.
19. I sleep with three pillows.. sometimes four if I can steal Britt's
20. I think my children are brilliant
21. I think my husband is brilliant
22. I think that if childhood cancer got half the support that breast cancer does, there would be more effective treatment and better chances for a cure. It makes me not want to buy anything "pink".
23. I wish I had more close friends
24. I used to collect unicorns.. ha ha ha
25. My dream car would be an old volvo, saab or mercedes..

2 comments:

Susan January 28, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

O.M.G. You would be the best nurse on planet earth!

CewTwo January 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

I got tagged on Facebook, but just ignored it.

You are much more brave than am I!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.