Thoughts and Ideas

We are determined that 2009 is going to be the best ever for the Talley house. Ideas are running through my head like crazy on how to make it the best. I want to redo Elijah's bedroom so he will sleep in there. I want to do it super cool so he will be so proud of it and so comfortable in there too. He still has his love for sharks so I am thinking either a Sea Captain sort of thing with his shark stuff and ocean stuff - or a Surfer Dude kind of thing and incorporate the shark stuff through that.. Have his headboard be a "surfboard" with a shark bite out of it.. ha ha. I am also trying to think if Britt and I can make it with one vehicle. Two car payments is really not fun. Perhaps we could trade both of them in and get one car.. then save up to pay cash for another car in the near future. I think it might be doable if we could work the trade in of the two cars out.. hmmmmm..
We raked leaves today.. Man, did we ever rake leaves!!! I swear we have thirty bags piled up outside. The front yard looks much much better. I want some of the little lights that are solar powered for the flowerbed and I want some plants too - maybe plants that i could keep alive. ha ha.
I have made a list of home repairs that we need to do - large and small. My goal is to tackle at least one of the things on the list each month. I think that is doable. :)
We had some great friends over on New Years Eve and had a lovely evening. It was nice to ring in the Year of Hope with friends that have been through so much with us. That's what 2009 is for us.. The year of hope. :)
A few things I pray for for this year:
1. Elijah not to have to deal with cancer
2. Financial Peace - or closer to it
3. A real vacation - full of rest and family time
4. Health improvements for me and Britt

2 comments:

HerstoryGirl January 2, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

Just a reminder that the "Kelly Resort of Baton Rouge" will be fully operational & ready to entertain any willing guests that might want to grace us with their presence... *hint* hint*

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Susan January 3, 2009 at 4:58 AM  

That's a great list of goals. They all look like they're within reach!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.