Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday. I am now 39 years old. To me, this means nearly 40. I don't guess it's so bad. I do, however, want to accomplish several things before I hit the big "four oh". I want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I hit 40. I want to also be at my goal weight by then. I am on my way to my goal weight - have I mentioned that I have lost 12 pounds since starting back with WW??? Yep. I went and weighed this evening. 12 pounds down - a bunch more to go.. but 12 pounds is A LOT.. I am proud of that.
I don't have to be done with school, but I do want to have at least applied to nursing school by the time I am 40. Wait - aren't most people supposed to decide what they want to be when they graduate high school? Yeah, right.. I have just done things backwards.
My birthday has been good. We went to dinner - chinese buffet. Went to see a movie with Britt and the kids. We went to see Ink Heart. It was good - but not as good as the book. I like Brenden Fraser, but I am not sure if I would have chosen him to play Mo.. But then again, I don't know who I would have chosen instead either.
Britt and Elijah are baking me a cake and it smells really good! No.. it's not a WW cake nor is it low fat or healthy in any way. It's my favorite - yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I am going to enjoy a large piece and a big glass of milk.. Afterall, it is my birthday and the last year of my thirties.. I am going to enjoy it.
Peace

1 comments:

Susan January 30, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

Congrats, Miss 12 pounds!! And happy birthday. You deserve a slice of life!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.