Disbelief


It's no secret that I have been battling with my weight for years. I have joined Weight Watchers a million and one times but still hold fast to the belief that it's the best program for me personally. It's the best program for me as long as I stick to it, that is! I once again took the plunge and joined WW last week with my friend C. I mean, my sister is getting married, Riverfest is coming up in a few short months, my knees are screaming at me on a daily basis to shed these excess pounds, and I really want to get in shape before I turn 40. This is the perfect time, right?
I went today for my first weekly weigh in after starting the program last Tuesday.
I wore the same pants I wore last week and a similar shirt.
I weighed at the same time I did last week.
I have stuck to the program with determination.
I stepped on the scale.
It said I lost 11 pounds.
11 pounds??? What the hell? Is that even possible to lose 11 pounds in one week? Is that healthy? I questioned the lady who weighed me.. She assured me that it was accurate and reminded me that my weight loss each week would not be as amazing as my astonishing 11 pounds. I will not expect it for sure.. I didn't expect it this week. I know that sometimes the first week on any program, you will lose more because you lose a lot of fluid you are retaining - but seriously!! Was I THAT bloated?
Wow.
I will say that it invigorated me - I will stick with this program in the hopes that my weigh in next week will show me still moving in the right direction. I will continue to drink lots of water, practice sensible portion control, and make good food choices.
Some of the girls I go to WW with joked that we will all be wearing leather pants by next New Years.. ha ha ha! I have never worn leather pants in my life, but this would be really funny..

4 comments:

HerstoryGirl January 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

You can do it; Go ahead & buy those leather pants.
=)

Dawn January 13, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

yes, I thought about that.. but will I need a six or a four? hmmmmm.. And I still have not decided on the color either. ha!

Susan January 14, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

This is just AWESOME Dawn!

CewTwo January 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

Hi Dawn,

I am so glad for you! I hope that it continues.

I myself need to lose 10 pounds to keep the Doctor happy.

BTW... We would all like a picture when it happens!

Charlie

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.