Day 2

I went to Target last night and bought a little notebook to carry with me. It's my food and weight journal. My friend Susan carries a little notebook with her so I thought I would try it. Writing down everything you eat really puts things in to perspective - well, it puts what you put in your mouth in perspective. I have eaten really well the past two days. Fiber One bars are really really good and filling!!! I had one of those and some yogurt for breakfast. Those little bad boys have 9 grams of fiber in them!!
Our AC unit for upstairs is officially dead. We had someone come out today who said it has two things wrong with it and it can not be repaired. It needs to be replaced. We had it serviced last year and we were told it was on it's last legs then and probably wouldn't make it through last summer. We borrowed a window unit that we will put in one of the back bedrooms upstairs. We hope it will cool two of the bedrooms for now. In the mean time, the downstairs is nice and cool because we replaced that unit right after we bought the house. Maybe in the Fall we will be able to replace the smaller unit for upstairs. My grandmother said she would help with the expense of it.
I think I am going to weigh myself every day. I know some people say you shouldn't do that, but I want to be able to write my weight down in my notebook every day. I am realizing how much I eat without thinking about it.. eating for no reason. Elijah had some fries yesterday and I almost had one in my mouth when I realized what I was doing!! Jeesh! I wasn't even hungry! Pizza sounded really good for dinner tonight, so we went. I filled up on a bunch of salad with vinegar instead of dressing and then had two small pieces of thin crust pizza with canadian bacon. It was more than plenty. I was under for my daily points allowance under the WW program.
today was a good day. Eli's scan was good. Britt and the kids are back. I am hoping for a good nights sleep and great news from Eli's scans tomorrow. Goals for tomorrow: color with Elijah, stay on my eating program, marked improvement on eli's scans, to cook a good dinner, and to get the window unit in so we can sleep in our own beds tomorrow night!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.