The Deck

We decided to begin working on the back yard. The stairs to the deck were not safe so we tore them down.. They aren't necessary anyway as we have two back doors that lead to the backyard - one to the upper part and one to the lower. I actually took off every step myself! I was DRENCHED by the time I finished. When we decided to remove the stairs, we also thought it might be a good idea to make the deck a pooch free zone. Duchess is just too lovable and will lick you to death when you are outside. She is a "slobber dog". Not fun. Britt enclosed the area where the stairs were we wouldn't have any accidents. He will finish closing the area over near the fence tomorrow. Ahhh.. the home improvement projects. I wish I could be more like some of my other friends and completely finish one project before another begins, but sometimes necessity intervenes as it did with Peanut and his wallpaper removal and the unsafe stairs. I need to get some spackle and finish my bathroom downstairs. We have been to home depot twice in the past few days and have forgotten each time. UGH. I just don't want my house to look like one unfinished project after another.
I am reading a book. It's called The Memory Keepers Daughter. I really like it so far. It was a book club selection - the book club that I don't ever go to.
I think I will sleep well tonight. Elijah should too.
Prayers for tomorrow: easy day at the hospital, Elijah to feel great, to get some work done, and to have time to work on the house some more.
Peace

2 comments:

Susan July 2, 2007 at 10:45 AM  

Excellent work! You'll have a fabulous deck and a fabulous downstairs bathroom. WOW!

CewTwo July 2, 2007 at 6:25 PM  

I loved the picture of Elijah on his website! Too cute! I just had to leave you a message!!!

Charlie

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.