Sticking to it..

I am sticking to my new eating plan so far! I think I have been doing really well and am quite proud of myself! I am loosley sticking to the weight watchers program of counting points and journaling all my food. I thought that weighing myself every day would be a good way to go. I guess it would be if my weight was actually going down, but it wasn't.. It was going up!! I couldn't figure it out! I was eating soooo much better than I had been before starting this - and staying within my points level but the first day my weight stayed the same, which is fine.. then the next two days it went up one pound each day! What the heck?!?! Well, today it went back down to where I started.. so I am hoping that in the next few days it will go down a pound or two. I started this on the 17th.
Elijah had good scan results so my mind set is a bit better on that front - for now at least. It comes and goes. I need to concentrate on today. He has had some pretty big attitude problems over the past few days. I need to get him on a better schedule. I think structure will make him feel better. Easily said - over and over again.

3 comments:

Anonymous July 22, 2007 at 2:12 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan July 23, 2007 at 7:26 AM  

Way to go, Dawn! It sounds like you are doing an excellent job!

CewTwo July 26, 2007 at 6:44 AM  

I had to lose some weight. That is why I got into running. I found, that for me, I would weigh myself weekly. I would also write down my measuremnts (waist, hips, upper arm, upper thigh) at the same time.

After you are at a weight that appeals to you, weigh yourself daily.

Don't forget that an exercise program is very important to weight loss and maintenance.

Although, I have to admit that I don't know anyone that is as active as you are!

Good luck!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.