Laundry Soap

Britt and I just finished making our own laundry detergent! It sounds crazy, but we did it. It was super easy. Laundry detergent is expensive these days and believe me, we do lots of laundry in this house. The laundry detergent was super easy to make and laundry will be pennies per load to wash. The total cost for our supplies was about $6. With what we purchased, we made 3 gallons of laundry soap and have enough supplies to make tons more. I am sooo hoping that this works! We have to let the stuff sit over night and it will be ready for use in the morning. I will post tomorrow how it works!!!

3 comments:

Susan July 29, 2007 at 6:24 AM  

How very cool! I can't wait to hear about how wonderful it is.

Michelle July 30, 2007 at 8:14 AM  

Wow! I'm going to call you Martha Stewart from now on!

CewTwo July 30, 2007 at 6:49 PM  

Interesting.

It is just so easy to go and buy. It is not very thrifty, though. I am very interested in how it works for you (and seeing the recipe!)

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.