Sleep is overrated, right???


It's 130. I am awake. I don't like not being able to sleep, but I do sort of enjoy a bit of time by myself. At least it feels like time by myself. The house is quiet anyway. :) I have so much work that I need to do and I just really don't want to do it. I am ready for the new job - the one that I don't have yet.. ha!. I say that, but then I will bitch about not having weekends free.. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too, right? I want my backyard to be nice so I can sit out there and watch Elijah play and read my book and drink a glass of wine. It's not a pleasant place to do such things right now. It needs to be cleaned up, some things fixed up, and we need to get the dog under control. I love her, but it grosses me out to have her lick my feet or my legs.. and she does it all the time. Our deck needs to be replaced but I think we will have to do it a piece at a time. That sounds fun, doesn't it? Nope. Neither does raking leaves in 90 degree weather, but I am going to do it tomorrow.. the sweat will do me good. California is in two weeks.. I wanted to lose some weight, but didn't do it.. I wonder if I ever will. I am so negative tonight!! dang! I need to go to bed.
prayers for tomorrow: to work in the yard, to do some work, for Elijah to feel good

2 comments:

Susan June 30, 2007 at 4:12 AM  

Sounds like your backyard could be your summertime sanctuary!

CewTwo July 1, 2007 at 6:09 AM  

The backyard of anyone's home can be a special place. I love my backyard, especially on a Sunday afternoon. Every time the household goes grocery shopping, we contemplate a backyard BBQ. It is a special time that is enjoyed by all.

Clean it and enjoy it. Maybe you'll inspire me to clean up my backyard and trim the fruit trees!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.