Finally got a call!!!

When I updated my profile on the Arkansas Children's HR website, I noticed that the first time I applied for a job there was in 2004!!! Recently I applied for several positions that would allow me to work from 7pm to 7am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This would make it possible for me to still have a full time job, but be able to be with Elijah for treatments. I will probably make less money, but I would make a lot less anyway with all the work I am missing. I am hoping this is an answer to a prayer. I think it would make me feel better anyway.. I was in such a FOUL mood yesterday. Just angry at EVERYTHING. Poor Britt has to get the brunt of it. I told my friend on the phone today that I was in such a foul mood that Britt could have brought me home flowers and chocolate, ran me a bubble bath, filled the room with candles and romantic music and I would have still been angry about SOMETHING. It was just one of those days. I am praying that this job thing comes through. I think it will take a huge stress off of me and let me be where I want. I can handle being away from Eli as long as I know Britt can be with him when I am not there. I think that will make things feel better for both of us. I don't want Britt feeling guilty because I am missing work- I really don't care. :)
Vacation is coming soon. I really want to take some time to just sit on the beach and watch the water. I miss the ocean.
prayers for tomorrow: easy day of chemo; good news about job situation; the cleaning fairy to come to my house!!!

1 comments:

Susan June 15, 2007 at 6:33 PM  

OMG - I can't believe I am a whole day late reading this. I'm sorry.

YAY for the potential job! Oh hallelujah! I know that would lighten your load tremendously.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.