Deadly Sins

I was reading an article on msn today about the 10 most expensive homes in the world. It just about made me sick at my stomach. People will spend hundreds of millions on these ridiculous houses and here I sit trying to figure out what I am going to do about my work situation and wishing I could go out and buy a $139 carpet shampooer so my carpet in the house doesn't always look like crap. I would like to yank it all out and put new carpet or something else in but we definitely can't swing that right now.. and I see these slide shows with the pictures of the 10 bedroom homes with imported tile floors. .. floors that cost more than my entire house. I get jealous for their ability to do such things, but not for their stupidity for actually doing it. I wish these people could realize how many lives could be positively affected by that much money. How many parents of sick kids struggle because they have to balance working with treatment. how many parents like the Prado family who just lost their son and are struggling with how to even afford to get his body back to arkansas from minnesota. People shouldn't have to worry about shit like that. I think when your child becomes ill, something should automatically kick in and make the rest of your life worry free so you can concentrate on your family - enjoying your family and caring for your family. I think there should be a person that comes in and says "hand over your checking account and all of your bills - I will make sure everything is taken care of every month. Here is your gas allowance, entertainment allowance, and grocery allowance. The rest is all my worry".. and I wish there was someone who would come in and say "I am going to come to your house and clean. all you have to do is keep up with your laundry and pick up after yourselves".. I guess it's lazy of me to think such things though. I dont want to work, I don't want to pay bills (or have britt worry with it) and I don't want to clean my house.. DANG! What DO I want to do??? ha ha ha ha. Right now, I want to sleep. Elijah was up until really late and I tossed and turned even after he did fall asleep.
Prayers for today: rest, chemo to be working in his body, job situation to rectify itself, to be able to hand this all over to God so I can stop worrying with it.. Peace

2 comments:

LumpyClay June 9, 2007 at 8:33 AM  

Hello. I just happened to cross your blog by "accident" this morning and was moved by your posts and the story of your child. Our family here in Connecticut will be praying! Look to the Lord everyday for strength and comfort, it is not always easy to do in the midst of pain and trials, but Always works.
May God be with you and your family.
Shelley D.

Susan June 10, 2007 at 3:23 PM  

I agree; the amount of moolah spent on tracking Paris this week could have paid a zillion mortgages!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.