No catchy title.. just friday night ramblings..

I am glad it's Friday, even though I haven't been at work hardly at all this week. I had an interview this morning at children's. I hope I get it. It would be working weekend nights in the NICU with the little babies. I am hoping to know something soon. I am wanting to do this primarily so I can be at home with Eli all during the week and not worry about missing work. I could take care of him and still work full time. Some people have said that I am nuts for wanting to work at ACH since we are up there so much anyway for Eli's treatments. Crazy thing is, I am comfortable there. I know my way around up there, and when he goes in for his second transplant, I can still work - but feel close to him too. I think it will make things easier. I love that hospital. I really want to go to nursing school eventually. That's why I started school. I soon realized that taking classes during the day was going to prove challenging while trying to work an 8 to 5 job. Working like this will make it easier for me to go back to school when Elijah gets done with treatment this time. ACH offers a tuition reimbursement too - so that's a bonus. PLUS. I would get to wear scrubs to work!!! woo hooo!!!! ha ha ha.
I sat down last night for some reason and added up how much it would cost to get my hair cut, have my nails done, have a pedicure and get my eyebrows arched.. wow.. It's expensive to be a girl.. and I get CHEAP haircuts by most standards!!

1 comments:

Susan June 23, 2007 at 3:33 AM  

You are lucky; your friend can do all of that for you FOR FREE except the haircut!!! No joke.

I am excited about my friend Nurse Dawn!!!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.