Good Week

Work flew by this weekend.. I say weekend, but it was Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's crazy some of the stuff that we see in the ER. The shifts go by very quickly and for the most part, I really like most of the people I work with. There is one nurse that I don't care for. She just never smiles and no matter how nice I am to her, she is just very short and acts as though she is bothered by everything. To me, you have to have a bit of pleasantry about your demeanor to be a pediatric nurse. I guess that's just me. For the most part, everyone up there is really great and fun.
Valentine's Day was lovely. Britt surprised me with a bath stuff, chocolates, a balloon and a beautiful card.. It was waiting for me when I got home. I took advantage of some quiet time and relaxed in the bath until he got home.. Then we went out to dinner. It was very nice.
I am going to try and get the house in order this week. Thursday and Friday I don't have to be at work until 11:30 so I don't have to get up so early on those days. Today I really want to lay in bed all day because I am worn out from working - but I won't. I am going to get laundry going and do school work with Elijah in a bit.
I have a huge list of things that need to be done.. I guess I will just start marking them off one by one. :)
peace

2 comments:

Susan February 18, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

That's a good idea -- one step at a time!

HerstoryGirl February 19, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

SO glad you are enjoying work! What is UP with that -- a grumpy pediatric nurse??
Maybe she needs a time-out. =D
What a romantic Valentine's Day... Hey, I'm coming to visit in April; I hope I can see you all then!
Love,
Summer

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.