So far so good

I am really liking working again. My job is interesting and the shifts go by really fast. I have to admit that I am not used to working 40 hours anymore - it really wore me out, but in a good way. I need some healthy snacks to take to work so I am not so tempted to hit the cafeteria or the vending machines. I have stayed away from the vending machine completely - but have visited the cafe a few times. Mostly for diet coke.
So far, my Lenten committment is going well. I decided that pizza crust didn't count as long as it was thin crust. (ha!) Other than that, I have done a great job of avoiding bread. I have eaten salads where I would normally get a burger or a sandwich. Britt and the kids went to Wendy's the other day and were going to bring me lunch to work. I had a baked potato and some chili while they had chicken sandwiches. I think this will be a good move for me all around. Bread is something that I love dearly, so it's definitely a sacrifice and will hopefully teach me that I DO have willpower. I am secretly hoping it helps with my snug scrub dillema as well.
Can I tell you how much I LOVE wearing scrubs to work??? It's like getting to go to work in your comfy pj's, if you ask me.
Elijah has scans coming up. I feel really positive about those. I just know in my heart they will be clean scans. He is doing really great.

3 comments:

HerstoryGirl February 12, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

Dawn,
It sounds like you are doing really well! You know I'm right there with you on the bread thang... ;)
Summer

Susan February 12, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

YAY on all accounts!!!

CewTwo February 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

I try to avoid bread! I love it, too.
When I did all of my weight loss, bread was one of the things that I could not afford the calories of.

Keep it up! It is for a good cause!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.