Home


I am so happy to be home today. I miss being here when I work, but I am thankful to be working again. I like my job quite a bit, but don't like seeing some of the things I see up there. We saw a little girl yesterday who was five and who had been molested by her father. Such a sweet little girl and something so horrible. I think as a society we try to tune out stuff like that and pretend it happens to other people. Sort of like cancer. That happens to other peoples kids - not mine. When you are slapped in the face with the reality of how harsh our world is, it makes you really appreciate your family and your home. I am thankful for this haven. I am thankful for having reached a point where we are able to deal with what is happening with Elijah's health instead of the overwhelming emotions that came with the newness of it all. Don't get me wrong - it's still hard and very overwhelming, I just feel like we are better equipped to deal with it. Especially since we tackle everything as a family - together and unified.

2 comments:

CewTwo February 25, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

There is a strength that is always derived from a strong family base! It is not just a safe haven. It is a safe haven because you strive as a family to make it so!

Congratulations!

Susan February 27, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

"Together and unified" I love it!

Nice ticker up there -- whoo hoo!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.