Snug Scrubs

I start my new job in the ER tomorrow. I have to admit I am incredibly nervous!! What if I have forgotten my work ethic? ha ha. One would look at my house and argue that yes, I have indeed forgotten my work ethic. I went to try on my scrubs and lay everything out for work tomorrow.. My scrubs are fitting a tad bit more snug than what I remember!!!! WTF? For a split second, I started to be shocked that they were more snug than they were several months ago, but then I remembered that I have not really been as good as I should have been with my dieting. A friend brought some frosted sugar cookies to Elijah at the hospital today. You know the kind I mean? The ones that are about an inch thick and then have that wonderful icing on top of them? Those cookies are one of my absolute favorite treats... I couldn't resist them. I ate two today. I have no idea how many calories are in one of those puppies, but they are pretty heavy. I guess I will just say ignorance is bliss on this one. I did get some nice healthy soup to take to work tomorrow to eat for my lunch.
I have decided to give up bread for Lent. I decided this, and then started arguing with myself as to what would clasify as "bread". I have decided obvious sliced bread, loaves of bread, biscuits, rolls, buns, etc. Definitely all count as bread. But then I thought, what about cake, cookies, tortillas (I LOVE tortillas)and pizza crust? Doest THAT count as bread? The cake, cookies and pizza crust I can probably (maybe) do without.. but tortillas???? Britt said maybe if it were just corn tortillas, it wouldn't really count as bread... sigh. It's all about sacrifice,, I guess.. so I will give up tortillas as well. I forgot and had croutons on my salad tonight, but that was before I truly defined what I was going to qualify as bread.. After all, I did eat cookies today, so the croutons were minor compared to the cookie feast. Maybe by doing this for Lent, next week my scrubs will fit a tiny bit more loosely. :)

1 comments:

Susan February 7, 2008 at 4:56 AM  

No bread - whoa baby! You can do it. Absolutely.

See ya tonight!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.