DOH!


First things first.. I am not normally one to quote Homer Simpson, but I felt it was truly appropriate in this situation. Now.. A few weeks ago, Elijah was making microwave popcorn. It's one of his favorite things - to make. He makes it regularly, but eats it rarely. Anyhoo.. while he was making it, the microwave decided to do some "snap, crackle, pop" thing - and then it ROARED! I kid you not.. After this, it didn't work anymore. I was so angry! We bought this thing less than a year ago! We searched and searched for the receipt so we could return it, but didn't find it. (note to self, keep receipts of such items in a logical location in the future) We thought we were just stuck with a broken microwave and would have to just buy another one. I called GE (the manufacturer of my microwave) and asked if I had any recourse. Without question, they sent a technician out to our house to investigate since. Since it was less than a year old, it was still under warranty. I was so impressed with GE. The technician was there in a matter of hours and let me know that the microwave was defective and I would be getting a new one.. wow! GE really stands behind their product! That brings me to the "DOH!".
The delivery guy showed up yesterday to bring my new appliance and retreive the defective one. He was a very nice and very tall young man. Let me set this scene a bit.. In our hall we have a small brass and glass light fixture. Typical 1979 light fixture... As the delivery guy was leaving the house, he walks in to the light fixture in the foyer and hits his head.. Now.. he wasn't running, he didn't hit with any great force - but this impact somehow led him to fall out smooth on the foyer floor!!!! I gasped! Sadly, not out of concern for this delivery guy - but because it was so over the top dramatic, I nearly laughed!! "are you SERIOUS?" I wanted to ask... I was speechless as this large specimen of a man rolled around on my foyer floor as though he had just been smacked in the face with a crow bar! "um.. are you okay?" - I said - REALLY trying not to laugh.. "oh, my.. where did THAT come from?" he said... I wanted to go "Dude, it's not that heavy - it couldn't have hurt that bad".. but he got up, said he was okay, rubbed his head, and staggered out the door. As soon as the door closed and said delivery guy got in his van, I cracked up laughing in my foyer wishing that someone else had been there to witness the spectical. That said.. I have my new microwave, it works like a charm. I hope the delivery guy is okay. ha ha

4 comments:

Susan February 26, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

OMG! What a story!

Congrats on the new microwave. GE made good!

Michelle February 27, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

How terrible ... and how funny!!! Poor guy!! Glad you got the new microwave though!!

Miss you! M

CewTwo February 28, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

It is a funny story. I wonder if it happens to him very often?

Thanks for sharing the good news regarding Elijah! It is very much appreciated!!

Sunshine March 1, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

I have never never heard (certainly not experienced!) such a incredible story of "service". Lucky you. Happy new microwave.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.