This time last year...

This time last year we were outside in the chilly air cheering our friend Susan on as she ran in the Little Rock Marathon! Susan is on the injured list this year so she wont be running, but the marathon will always make me think of her and that day. We had so much fun holding up signs and cheering for her and the other runners.
There are quite a few nurses here at the hospital that are running today. It should be great weather for them.
I am enjoying work, but not enjoying some of the things we see here. Yesterday I saw my first death. It was a little baby. It wasn't as emotionally charged as I would have thought, but I am sure that if the circumstances had been different - it could have been very emotional.
On another note, my new microwave died. No electricity to it at all. crazy. they are coming back out on Tuesday to look at it. I am starting to wonder if it isn't a problem with my electric outlet.. hmmmm...

1 comments:

Susan March 2, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

New title?!?

Thanks for the memories (as Frank sings...)

It was beautiful out there today.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.