Being stupid is NOT an excuse

We had several patients today. It was pretty busy. One case in particular really made me angry. 3 week old baby - lovely baby. parent not only didn't strap the baby in the car seat, but didn't strap the carseat in to the car. They had a wreck. This little innocent baby had multiple broken bones but will thankfully be okay - this time.
I was angry about this for a good part of the day. One of the nurses commented that cases like that make her want to be a foster parent. Cases like that just piss me off. Britt and I are good and responsible parents - we have to fight for our child's life and not because of anything we did. The staff at the hospital is fighting for this babies life because of something so stupid and careless that this mother did (or did not do in this case). Ugh.
If my life wasn't so chaotic, I would want to be a foster parent for little ones. Not big ones with major issues - just little ones that need someone to care for them and love them for a while.

1 comments:

Susan March 28, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

WOW -- I can not believe that some people would be so careless with precious life. Yes I can. People don't have the sense God gave a goose.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.