Boot

I have to say that I am not as big a fan of my boot as my friend Susan. My foot does feel much better, but the boot is a pain! My boot goes all the way up to my knee and is on my right foot, which makes driving with it a bit of a challenge, not to mention unsafe. Oh well. Three weeks isn't long.
I went to the grocery today. I bought healthy snacks that I like to eat. Yogurt, string cheese, v8. Stuff to hopefully keep me from snacking on what I don't need to be eating. :)
I was reading an article today about these people who decided to take a whole year and not buy anything that they didn't truly need. I wonder how hard that would be in such a superficial society. Spend money on NOTHING other than what you need. No movies, no dining out, no extras around the house. Interesting concept though. I think this would be where what is truly defined as a need would come in to play. I need cable and internet and I NEED my cell phone.. hmmmm.. What could I do without?

2 comments:

Susan March 27, 2008 at 5:33 AM  

Very thought-provolking!

I think you'll get used to the boot. Lord knows I wish I didn't have mine!!

CewTwo March 27, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

I thought that was what young people do when they first started out? Seriously, though... I do not think that I could do it. One year?

Sorry to hear about your foot and the boot! Take car of yourself!

I like the look of your blog!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.