Home

I made it through my work day okay today. I am glad to be home though. Work went well. It was busy in the ER. Today was Easter and a good majority of the kids that came in were all dressed in their Easter duds. On one hand I was sad because I didn't get to spend Easter Sunday with my kids, but on the other hand it was okay. I got to see Elijah color eggs yesterday and do the Easter egg hunt at the park. We wouldn't have gone to Church anyway since there would have been too many people there. I wonder how much longer Elijah will believe in things like the Easter bunny, tooth Fairy, and Santa. I often stop and think of how lucky we are to have Elijah with us for another Easter. It makes me want to make every single holiday special for him (and for us). I honestly think that's where cancer has been a blessing to our family. Yes, that sounds strange, but it's true. Elijah having cancer has made us face just what a truly precious gift this child is and has made us want to enjoy everything with him. Things we would have probably just taken for granted had we not been smacked in the face with the possibilty of losing him - more than once. That's it.. That's my little rant for this evening. Nothing new. Just being appreciative of having another Easter Sunday to spend with my little boy.

1 comments:

Susan March 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Well hooray for an uneventful Easter Sunday!!!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.