Aches and Pains

I ended up in the ER yesterday afternoon with what I think was a migraine. It lasted for nearly 31 hours. With this lovely headache came vomitting, dizziness, and just feeling like garbage. To top all of it off, I couldn't keep anything down so they couldn't get an iv started because of dehydration. It took six different times to try and get the iv started. I felt like a pin cushion. I was thankful when they did get it started though. They gave me some pain medicine and some fluids and I started to feel better.
John kept joking that the personal trainer had done this to me and he can't believe I ended up in the ER just from exercising.. ha! I seriously doubt this had anything to do with the trainer or with exercising! More likely the lack of exercising!!
American Idol is in full swing and yes, I am a fan and we watch it without fail. I heard on the news the other day that Simon, one of the judges, recently paid off someones mortgage because they had a young child diagnosed with cancer and he just wanted to make things a bit easier on the family.. Wow! What an amazing gesture! I wish I knew how to get on the list to have that done!! You know, some famous person pay off our mortgage. Maybe there should be an organization where famous people can sign up to help a family like that. Wouldn't that be nice..
My headache is better now. I feel like I am operating at about 70% capacity. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel about 80% and can go back to work.

2 comments:

Susan March 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

Jeez -- and I clammered on and on to Britt yesterday about quitting my job and that stink did not tell me that his wife was in the ER at that very moment! So sorry! I am glad you're better.

HerstoryGirl March 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Oh, noooo! =(
I'm so sorry, Dawn.

I'm glad you're feeling better, but I know that was not fun.
Tell you what, when I sell my first book and make millions I will pay off your mortgage (after I pay off my own, that is!). =D
I hope you have a wonderful Easter.
Love & miss you guys!
Summer

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.