FPU & WW and a bunch of other letters

Britt and I are enrolled in Financial Peace University. It's teaching us Dave Ramsey principles in money management. The class is awesome! It's foundation is Biblical and common sense. Britt and I talk and talk about making positive changes so we can lead a less stress filled life (stress from things we can control, that is). I think this is the first real step we have taken in that direction. We are trying desparately to figure out ways to get rid of debt and get a bit caught up. It will take time, but we are going to get there. We are also doing weight watchers to try and get control of our health. Having Britt as my weight loss partner is one of the smartest things I have ever done. He is the best motivator and coach! He really keeps me in line, which is awesome. I have lost 11 pounds this go around. Tomorrow is weigh day! yipes! We have been pretty good about staying on program. It's just been challenging to come up with dinner ideas for the whole family.
I started a new job yesterday. Part time, working at a church here in town. I am doing their newsletter, updating the website, etc. I think I will like it. It's going to be an adjustment, for sure!
So.. Prayers for today: Britt and I to come up with creative solutions to clearing up our financial stuff so we can be at peace with all of that, for us to continue to do well on WW (big goal is to get B off bp and cholesterol meds), for Elijah's continued healing.. and for our big kids to make wise choices now that they are getting older.

1 comments:

Susan June 24, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Goodness - this is the most positive post ever!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.