Weigh Day and Envelopes

I weighed today. No change. No change in weight is not a bad thing when doing Weight Watchers. The scale didn't go up - and that's a good thing! I look at it this way - it means I can expect a bigger drop next week if I stay on the program and keep up with my journaling. I shouldn't have eaten that cereal before I went to bed last night! ha! The good news is - I went to the grocery store last night and have our meals all planned out for the next seven days.. Lunch included. So that will make things a bit simpler.
On the Dave Ramsey program - we use an envelope system. You figure your budget for each week for food. You take that amount in cash and put it in the envelope.
The money in the envelope is the only money you spend on food - period. That means if you eat out, it comes out of that envelope. If you go to Purple Penguin for a shaved ice - it comes out of that envelope. Thankfully, after buying groceries yesterday for the whole week, I have enough left in my envelope if I need to get anoter gallon of milk, loaf of bread, etc! My goal is to have money left over in the envelope with each paycheck. Even if it's just ten bucks. (It wont happen the first few times).. If we do that, then I want to take the extra and put it in savings. So.. this means I need to start getting creative with my cooking and grocery money! ha

1 comments:

Susan June 26, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

I am loving the envelope idea!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.