Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday.
I am 38 years old.
Sometimes I think about what my life should be like at this point. I honestly can't say that I thought it would be much different than what it is, other than the career aspect (and I am not skinny - dammit). I had hopes that I would be happily married - and I am. I wanted to have beautiful, smart, talented, wonderful children - I do. I wanted to own my own house and have a car that I wasn't totally mortified to be seen driving. I have all that. I am very blessed on so many different levels. Sure we have bills that need to be paid, my house needs to be updated, and I need to go back to school - but I have time for that. I have the important stuff covered, right?
My birthday was wonderful. I took Elijah to CARTI for his treatment this morning, passed my employee health screening, came home and took a nice long bath. When Britt got home he cooked supper, built me a fire, and he and Elijah baked me cupcakes. It was lovely.

2 comments:

Michelle January 29, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Happy Birthday dear friend ... I'm blessed to have you in my life!

Susan January 30, 2008 at 4:25 AM  

What an excellent day and excellent life! I am jealous!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.