Jumpstart and the Forbidden

do you ever want to do something you know you shouldn't - something that you KNOW is bad for you - but you want to do it anyway? That's how I am feeling right now and it's actually quite ridiculous. I want to go to the tanning bed. There. I typed it. Not the spray on fake tan that I have done a few times (and do NOT recommend) but the lay in the bed for 20 minutes kind of tanning bed tan. I want an even skin tone so badly. My skin is in horrible shape right now and I have awful circles under my eyes. I just feel YUCK about my appearance in general - and I am not even talking about the weight issues. I don't know. I need to feel better about myself.
so I have one small bruise from my "accident" the other day. I am sore, but not as bad as I thought I would be. I am, however, having problems with my knees again and find that it's dificult for me to walk today. I soaked in the tub this eve hoping that it would give me some relief from the pain. It did for a while, but it's back again. You would think that debilitating pain would be enough to motivate me to lose weight, wouldn't you? I mean, it's common knowledge that being fat is bad for the knees and losing weight relieves so much strain... Why isn't the pain acting as a jumper cable to jump start my ass back in to doing something about it? I did make out a WW friendly menu for supper this week. I did cook this evening and have been eating better (today) and drinking water (today). I guess it's a start. I just want an easy fix and there is NO such thing. Sigh. I am down. I am tired. I guess I will just wake up tomorrow and try again. Try to accomplish something. Anything.

2 comments:

Susan January 23, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

I like your attitude: one day at a time. That's ALL we can do, really. You're doing it. Keep it up!

Unknown January 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

Hey,
I feel your pain!!! I gained 80lbs after savvy got diagnosed!!!! I started on WeightWatchers in September and so far I am down 25lbs!! I've had a very difficult time in dealing with how I look! So I understand where you are coming from!!! I'm glad you posted this link! I can keep up with how you are now!!!!
Savvy and I send our love!!!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.