on a positive note

Okay.. I weighed today. I have been avoiding it. I have gained the weight that I lost when I first started weight watchers.. BUT.. I am trying to look at this positively. If I had not joined weight watchers before Christmas, I would probably be 8 to 15 pounds heavier than I am now! (I am the QUEEN of creative justification). So.. tomorrow I go back to counting points. I have also signed up for the Discovery Health Challenge - they have good recipes and it's a great place to track and keep up with goals. They also provided me with a fitness plan, which is going to help.
I went to the library by myself for about an hour this evening. I love the library. It was nice to go and just have a few minutes to myself in the quiet of the library. I really don't get much of that anymore. I really got irritated at this guy in there though. He was on the internet - and talking on his cell phone IN THE LIBRARY!!!! didn't he learn that you don't talk in the library?? Yipes. I used to want to be a librarian. I used to want to be a lot of things. So many, in fact, that I think it confused me for life and now I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. ha ha. Today I want to be a psychologist. Tomorrow I am sure it will be something else. The only thing I really keep going back to is nursing.

1 comments:

Susan January 11, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

OMG - you would be the best nurse of all time. In fact, I think they ought to "grandfather" you in. You are so knowledgeable!

Way to go on the DH Challenge. I've seen commercials and have been intrigued. I'd love to hear all about it. Post away!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.