Day 2

Still going strong! Today was a great day. I stayed within my alloted points and discovered that one of my favorite snacks (1/2 pita with hummus) is only 2pts! woo hoo!! It's the small victories, right? I am so thankful that Britt is doing this with me. It makes it so much easier for me to stay on track. AND.. he made the best chicken salad yesterday! It was great and a WW recipe. Now I need to get some exercise going. I need to start getting up before Elijah and doing something in the living room.
I have started teaching Elijah at home and I am really enjoying it. I don't think I would enjoy teaching other people's children, but I love the fact that he is learning things from me. I like the cirriculum we are using too. He seems to be challenged by most of it - which is good.
Next week is a week of testing for him so my nerves will be a mess - moreso than they already are.. YIPES! I am trying to really put it in God's hands and trust that He will provide me with the reassurance that I need that Elijah will be okay.
I miss going to church right now with it being so close to the Holidays. It's sad that we can't go to church. I want for Elijah to know more about Jesus and to have a stronger sense of assurance.
Ah.. the crazy thoughts that run through my head. The thoughts that keep me up at night.. The thank you cards that need to be sent, the housework that needs to be done, what to fix for supper, gifts that need to be purchased, we still need to get Christmas decorations put up, Hannah is going to be 15 Saturday (man, I feel old), other kids fighting cancer, Elijah's battle, Elijah's school work, did I ask Britt to make my car payment?, do I think anyone would be offended if I used plastic plates at Christmas dinner?, It's insane - the things that keep me up at night. Maybe since I put a few of them down on here, I will be able to get to sleep tonight - it's already past midnight..
sigh
maybe I will write a few more thank you notes..

1 comments:

Susan December 7, 2007 at 7:44 PM  

WELL DONE!!!!

Happy 15th to Hannah. SHE is old, not you. :)

Professor Dawn -- that has a nice ring to it.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.