I did it


I went to my first meeting. I was not shocked to see my weight, but I was not pleased either. It's as good a place to start as any, I guess! I deserve to be healthy and feel well and my family deserves to have a wife/mom that feels good too. Elijah saw my thinspiration photo and said he would like for me to look like that again.. yeah, me too kiddo!!! So.. in the morning the journey begins.
The picture above was taken about 10 years ago by my friend John after a hike around pinnacle mountain. It serves as a reminder that not only was I thin, but I was fit and physically active. If I was, I can be again.

3 comments:

Michelle December 4, 2007 at 8:28 PM  

You had a tan!?! :)

Congrats on a new beginning. I've got to get started working out at home again .... maybe we'll be Partners in Pain and lose this 7 year old baby fluff together..... :)

Love ya! M

Dawn December 4, 2007 at 8:47 PM  

I did!! If you only knew how many hours I spent laying out for that tan, you would be ashamed!!!

Susan December 5, 2007 at 4:18 AM  

YES. YOU. CAN.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.