Sunday...

Tomorrow is day 6 and it's still going really well! I can't tell you how much it has helped me to stay motivated having Britt do this with me. If I sound like a broken record, I apologize. He has just been so great. He will lose the weight he wants to lose long before I lose all of mine, but I know he will continue to support me and eat wisely. We are both getting way too close to 40 to backtrack now. We would love to lead active, healthy lives.
Elijah said something to me yesterday that once again - has stuck with me. I was coming down the stairs and he was sitting on the couch with his back to me. He said "hi mom" without turning around and then asked if I knew how he could tell it was me. I said "how?" - he told me he could tell because i was the only one in the family whose knees crackle when I walk up and down the stairs.. OUCH! It's true though.. my knees are awful and I know they would be in such better condition if I could lose this weight.
The weekend is over. Britt will go back to work tomorrow.. We did a bit of Christmas shopping this weekend but are really trying not to overdo it this year. We have a little tree in the dining room that we put ornaments on that the kids made and Eli's nativity ornaments that he got from his chemo angel last year. We will put a real tree downstairs soon but i think we might look in to a prelit tree after Christmas for next years use.
Friday we will be traveling to Dallas for my sisters graduation. We are just going for one night and then coming back on Saturday right after graduation. I think it will be good to get away, even if just for one night. Elijah was going to stay with Britt's mom and dad, but he is still on tpn so we will take him with us. He will have fun..
Tuesday is my weigh in - I plan to be a loser!!! ha ha

2 comments:

Susan December 10, 2007 at 4:35 AM  

WAY TO GO!!!

And enjoy Dallas. Congrats to Jessica!

Michelle December 11, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

I'm excited to see how big a loser you are this week.... wait a minute, that didnt come out right!!! :)

Love ya!!!
Michelle

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.