Silly Me

Okay.. I did something totally out of character for me this evening. We went to dinner at a new restaurant in town.. Famous Daves. I got a salad - and it was okay. It is a bit expensive for a bbq joint though. Anyway.. After we ate, we were going to make a trip to Kroger to get pizza fixings for a little New Years Eve pizza get together tomorrow night. I decided that I would walk to Kroger.. It's not far, really - but definitely in a different a parking lot. After we finished our shopping at Kroger, I asked Britt if he would mind if I started walking home while he checked out with the groceries.. I didn't get far, but I did manage to get out of the parking lot and up the hill before he picked me up. When we got home I helped Britt unload the groceries, grabbed my iPod, and headed back out. I managed to get in a good 25 minutes today - with a hill included! I know it may not sound like much, but it's day two of walking for me.. lots more than I have done in a long time and it feels like a great start. It feels good to be doing something. Tomorrow I will be cleaning house but if the weather is nice, I am going to put on my shoes and do 30 minutes around the track..
Happy New Year!

1 comments:

Susan December 31, 2007 at 4:46 AM  

There is nothing silly about that! And that is a HUGE hill, lady! :)

Way to go. You rock!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.