Another Long Day

Today has been long. It started out okay, turned bad, went from bad to worse, then slowly got better. First, we were late. 2nd, my old boss called me to tell me he was leaving the state to take a job in Florida..I got to work only to find that our network was down - again.. and I tend to get upset when it comes to Elijah and the possibility of relapse. He had some lab work come back that was a bit out of normal range and sent me in to a frenzy. His oncologist isn't too worried about it, but let us move his scans up just to rule anything out and put our fears to rest. I had to come home from work today to "collect myself" because I sort of had a mini melt down at the office. Thankfully the escalation of the mini melt was in my car and not my office. I came home, talked to some friends at the hospital, got some reassurance, dried my eyes and went back to work. Then the network came back on. I went to my class and received a bit of praise from my instructor on my thesis statement for my next paper. Praise is always nice. I sat in my car for a bit before I started home and said a few prayers. I have to come to peace with the knowledge that even though we don't want this cancer to come back EVER, if it does, we will just fight it like we did before. There isn't anything we can do to prevent it, we just need to enjoy what we have and LIVE every day.
prayers for today: clean scans next week, peace for Britt and I in the mean time, health for my kids, and maybe some TEQUILA!!!
peace

1 comments:

Susan March 14, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

Oh Lady - what a day! But it sounds like you habdled everything VERY WELL, including the mini-melt. You got your emotions out... and you didn't even have to disrupt everyone in sight.

You have TONS of people on your side! My gloves are ON!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.