Bread of Life

Britt and I bought some new bread the other day. I saw it on Oprah's website. Before you judge, I didn't run out and buy this bread because it's what Oprah eats. I bought it because I am a full on "bread addict" and I really think that all the bread and pasta that I consume has added to my current predicament. The bread is Ezekial 4:9 bread. In the Bible it says "But as for you, take wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet and spelt, put them in one vessel and make them into bread for yourself". That's how this bread is made! It doesn't have any flour and is an approved food for diabetics. Hmmm.. I tried it this morning for the first time and it was pretty good. I liked it anyway. I am starting today to eat better. I am going to avoid sugar and tons of carbs if at all possible.
The kids both have practice tonight. At the same time - on opposite ends of the world, it seems. It's hard when you want to be more than one place all the time. I have a paper due tonight too. The paper itself is done, but I have to type up all the other junk that I have to turn in with it.
Britt and I started a class at St. James last night. (Hannah too) I really liked it. I think it's going to be good to be involved in Church again.
I am looking for creative ideas on how to get my one hour of exercise a day in. I am in class on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so i can't do it during lunch regularly. We have things scheduled every night but Mondays at this point, so I don't know how evenings would work. I sooooo wish I was a morning person!!!!
Prayers for today: appetite control, continued health for my kiddos, financial peace, and to be able to accomplish all that's on "the list" for today.
Peace

1 comments:

Susan March 8, 2007 at 7:18 AM  

An hour seems like A LOT of exercise! I suggest something that can be done indoors. Maybe a DVD? If/when you get a piece of exercise equipment, maybe you could make a deal with yourself to only be allowed to watch a certain TV show IF you watched while using the machine. I think that would work for me! That way you would still be available for your family, yet you'd still be getting exercise and "you time." What do you think?

As the days get longer, maybe you and Hannah Banana could walk around the track in your neighborhood together and enjoy some nice mother/daughter time. Or that might even be a good way to be able to spend more quality time with Britt (if the two of you walked together).

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.