Soccer Mom


It's official. I am now really and truly a soccer mom. I was already a volleyball mom. Now I have two titles. :) Elijah had a great time at his first soccer practice last night. We saw a lot of people we knew there. His first game is Saturday.
I did okay with my eating yesterday, sort of. I snuck a few bites of Hannah's milk shake and I ate onion rings.. At least I ate a grilled chicken wrap with light dressing instead of the fried chicken sandwich or BLT on the greasy bread I normally would have eaten though. HA! Susan, thanks for the ideas on some exercise options. You know you are my fitness inspiration! I really wish there was a manual on "how to be a morning person". I think it would solve all of my woes. Britt and I are just NOT. I think he could be a morning person with a little bit of reconditioning though. He has more willpower than I do, without question. I have been such an awful influence on him. When we met, he didn't drink sodas, didn't eat bad food, and he worked out all the time. Yesterday he shared the onion rings with me and complains about working out as much as I do.

My hair is really growing!!! It used to be pretty long. I think I would like for it to be long again. maybe just once. I want it to be long, but I want it to be healthy too. I don't want long nasty looking hair. I don't want much do I? Just to be effortlessly thin with beautiful skin and healthy hair! ha ha ha.
Prayers for today: always continued health for my children, appetite control, motivation to get my work done at the office, and quiet time with Britt.
Peace

2 comments:

Susan March 9, 2007 at 8:01 AM  

You are just AMAZING, you know that?

You have beautiful hair NOW! I noticed that it is quite a bit longer than previously. I love it! It is so pretty and think and shiny. Perfection! Hannah must get her good looks from you. :)

I can't wait to be a soccer-mom right alongside you. But for now I'll just sit next to you. :)

Thank you for the compliment. If I am your fitness inspiration, you are DEFINITELY the mom I aspire to emulate.

Michelle March 10, 2007 at 6:21 PM  

Hey! I think you're still a smokin' hottie! Love your blog, thanks for sending me the link.

Be sure to tell us all the juicy soccer mom stories... :)

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.