A New Day


I stayed up way too late. Oh well.
I went to the doctor yesterday. He says that I have insulin resistance which is why I am tired all the time and have gained so much weight. So how do you take care of insulin resistance? You lose weight. How ironic is that? I have to try and lose the weight on my own and see how that goes for a couple of months. If I am not having any sucess, he wants me to see the endocrinologist. He is of the belief that I have Polycystic Ovarian Disease. I have been told I have it - then told I don't have it - then told I have it - then told I don't have it and now told that I have it. This has been going on for 5 years. I think now I will just go with the assumption that I have it and try to fix it. It explains too many of the symptoms I have. The weight, acne, headaches, depression, excess hair growth on my face, and constant fatigue. Now that I have the labs to back it up and the knowledge that I can fix this with diet and exercise, I need to do something! I am staring right in the face of heart disease and diabetes if I don't do this. He said to exercise one hour every day. OUCH. I have friends who do way more than that and do it just fine. Can I? How? When? I need a treadmill!
Prayers for today: Continued health for my children, financial peace, quiet time with Britt, & A TREADMILL!!
peace

1 comments:

Susan March 7, 2007 at 11:20 AM  

Maybe that e-mail I sent about the discontinued workout equipment was an unknown blessing!

You CAN get through this. I have witnessed you get through very, very difficult times. And I can help! (if you'd like) I am full of suggestions and plans!

Love ya!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.