Friday - Finally

It seems like this has been a brutal week for us and for so many of our friends and family too! TGIF! It's crazy that out of so much chaos, comes so much light and goodness. Elijah's scans are clean and I have more of a sense of peace about that than I have in a long time. Britt's mom's surgery went well and she is at home resting, we have a little friend in the hospital who has turned a corner and is doing much better now - hopefully Susan and Chasen will see some sort of great Blessing come out of their recent robbery (I know that sounds crazy, but it will come to pass!). I just wanted to stay in bed all day today!! I am just worn out from so much stress this week! Instead I got up and got to work a bit earlier than I normally do. Part of my newfound attempt to be more professional at work. That's what I am working on now - attendance and appearance. I need to take a more professional approach to my job than what I do. I think I have fallen victim to the "state employee mentality" and I don't like it much. I feel like a slacker! I even put makeup on today!! WHAT?? Crazy, I know.. Next thing you know I will be fixing my hair and wearing pantyhose!! I plan to wash my sheets so they are nice and crisp, and clean our bedroom so that way I can lay in my bed in comfort in the morning.. maybe light a candle so it smells extra nice. Elijah has a soccer game at 1pm so we should be able to sleep in a bit tomorrow.
Prayers for today: Health for my kiddos, focus at work and in class, quiet time with Britt - and to win a contest that will give me maid service for a year.. ha ha ha

1 comments:

Susan March 23, 2007 at 10:45 AM  

We have made lemonade from lemons: now that our heirlooms are gone, all of our belongings are now viewed as "just stuff." So, it can all be replaced because all we really have in the world is each other - and that's some pretty good loot!

Thank you so much. I appreciate having you in my life more than you could possibly know!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.