Let Go and Let God

It is such a gorgeous day today . Britt's mom is about 2 hours in to her surgery. So far things are going well. Once again I sat in my car and prayed this morning. I am praying that this gorgeous day is a sign from God that the sun will be shining in our lives very soon. I think it is. I have tried to take all of these trials our family is dealing with this week and give them up to God - just let him deal with it so I don't have to! Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I think after my morning prayer, I am more at peace with everything. I know in my heart that Elijah is fine, but I also know that this worry will be in the back of our minds for a very long time so the slightest thing causes the worry to come to the front. So much to deal with all at once!! I know that He is in control, not me. There isn't anything going on in our lives right now that we can control. We just have to enjoy every single day that we do have.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.