Promises, Promises

I promise that I am not always a "negative nancy". Truth be told, this week is just kicking me in the ass.
Britt's mom went in to the hospital unexpectedly yesterday. Turns out she will be having double bypass surgery tomorrow morning at 8:30. They tried to do balloon angioplasty, but the blockage was nearly 100% in one area. Needless to say, we are worried. Britt's dad is a mess. Britt is doing okay, but is stressed and can't stand to see his Dad so shaken up.
Elijah had allergy testing done yesterday. He is allergic to grass, trees, ragweed, and mold. Nice, huh? He will start allergy shots in a couple of weeks.
On a positive note, I made a 98 on my second psychology exam!!!! yeee haww! Hannah said "Mom, how'd you get to be so smart?".. HA!

1 comments:

Susan March 15, 2007 at 8:58 AM  

Oh Jesus! Will pray for Nonna!

You got "so smart" by having great friends like me - HA HA HA!

When Chasen was little he was allergic to everything under the sun (oh our poor future children...) so there is hope for Elijah. He will grow up to be just as rough-and-tumble and outdoorsy as Chasen - I just KNOW IT.

You are NOT a Negative Nancy. You sound more like Realistic Rita these days!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.