Do they make rehab for Diet Coke?

So I have made a sort of mini resolution in effort to improve my outlook on life and my job. I have decided to make a bigger effort to dress more professionally at work, maintain a more professional attitude at work, and try to improve the appearance of my workspace to make it a more pleasing environment to be in. Now, I share this office with a co-worker, so I can't just go all out - and I don't want to spend any money for improvements either. I found a lovely piece of office wall art and had maintenance come hang it for me yesterday. That alone has made it more pleasant and less stark. The building that I work in was once an inpatient mental facility. (go ahead, laugh) and the patient rooms are what we are using as office space. It's odd, but it works okay. I think if I had a rug on the floor, it would seem even less "institutional". So far this week I am doing pretty good on my little mini resolution. I have dressed professionally every day (even accessorized!!!), my office is looking nicer, and my attitude towards my working environment is improving ever so slightly. Baby steps, right?
I decided to take a similar approach to some of my bad eating habits. I am a full fledged diet coke addict. I love the stuff. I swear I start to jones for it if I haven't had it for a while. I need to kick this awful habit!!! I thought - I will just not drink them at all anymore. That doesn't work!! My mind stays preoccupied with my lack of Diet Coke!!!! What the heck? So.. I have decided that I will allow myself one a day - for now. I think giving myself permission to have that much will make it less of an issue - and maybe I won't even want it at all some days! ha! I had a healthy breakfast burrito this morning. I think that will be my new morning staple for breakfast. Whole wheat tortilla, 1 egg/1egg white, low sodium natural salsa (good find,Britt!), and I will add black beans tomorrow. It's quite tasty and seems to keep me satisfied until lunch time. It's the afternoons that get me!! I get the munchies around 2:30. I need some popsmart and some fruit. I think that might get me through.
I think the gym membership is going to happen tomorrow.. yee haw!!! Britt and I are ready to get going. I was so sore last night for some reason. my legs just ached and I haven't done anything. I think it's just from being overweight! Isn't that sad? I watched this show called "Work Out" - reality show with these trainers - and the boss was handing out new clients to the trainers. She had files with pictures and bios on all these people and she was assigning them to folks. She had a couple of gals that were my height and my weight (over 200lbs) and it was awful!!!!!! I can't believe I am that big. I never in my whole life thought I would be this big. when I was a teenager, I was so thin that my family used to worry about me. UGH. This is terrible. My knees hurt constantly and I know it's from carrying my big ole self! I am so tired of it.. but I have said that before, and I still eat and sit on my couch watching tv.
I still need a treadmill at my house.

3 comments:

Susan March 28, 2007 at 10:37 AM  

Wow - what an opportunity to comment!

My new year's resolution was to be a "better employee," i.e. not e-mail constantly. Well, I have decided that I check my personal e-mail only when the workload is slow. Otherwise, it could sit practically all day without me logging in. So you see - it is my boss' fault! HA HA HA!

I will be your "one a day" buddy, if you need one. I try to drink no more than 2 diet beverages per day. And I only drink them at restaurants when it is the only option (like at fast food - not that I ever go there....) when water is more expensive. Otherwise, I am a 80% water girl (20% of the time I order unsweet tea and sweeten it myself at the table). They say canned drinks are bad for our bones!

Gym tomorrow - yay! I am interested to see how you schedule it all. It should be great!

Woman, you are FABULOUS! Any changes you make to your life will only make you MORE FABULOUS!!!!

Dawn March 28, 2007 at 11:03 AM  

Susan, your comments are always so inspiring to me! thanks so much!

Michelle March 29, 2007 at 7:28 AM  

If they had rehab for Diet Coke, would you have to shave your head like Brittney Spears to get in? :)

Oops, I did it again!

Love ya! Michelle

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.