Being Fat Sucks!


Okay.. this is a gripe session about a few things that I dislike about being fat. 1. clothes. I hate shopping for clothes. I hate shopping for clothes in the "big girl" store or in the "big girl" section. It sucks. They are not cute, they never fit right, and it's just no fun to try on clothes. Nothing looks good and everything makes me look fat because I am fat! 2. Clothes again.. Why is it that they can't make jeans to fit a fat girl right that don't go all the way to my armpits? Either they fit right at the belly button and ROLL DOWN every time I bend over, or they are under the belly button so that I have a "muffin top"!!! it's gross! 3. I would LOVE to be able to cross my legs. I know this is minor and may sound crazy, but I noticed at church the other day that all the ladys sit with one leg delicately draped over the other.. I CANT DO THAT ANYMORE. I have to sit with my leg crossed like a man - which is not cute, or sit with my ankles crossed which is uncomfortable as hell. JEESH. 4. Family portrait. I have a serious aversion to having a family portrait made because I am so big. It's awful. We need to have a family portrait done in such a bad way - we haven't had one since Elijah was two and that was just a Church directory picture!
I say all these things, but went to Larry's pizza last night and I swear I ate more than Britt did. Nice, huh? I haven't been to the gym in two weeks.. Riverfest is going to kill me if I can't take off at least 15 pounds before then.

2 comments:

Susan April 20, 2007 at 11:27 AM  

Girlfriend,

BREATHE. That's what we all need to do after an awesome venting session! I'm right there with ya!

You'll get there. Day by day, step by step. Now go to the gym tomorrow morning and feel good about yourself all weekend long!

Michelle April 21, 2007 at 7:45 PM  

I have PMS, so I'm no help for you ... other than to say "Amen Sister!"

:)

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.