Easter Adventure

As predicted, I am sore today. It's a good sore though. We went to Church this morning and our good friends Susan and Chasen came with us. We enjoyed the service - We like a more upbeat service and today was just that! I doubt there are many people who can say their pastor took his clothes off during their Easter Sunday service! Before you panic, he didn't strip down nekkid or anything.. he just took his suit off to reveal casual clothes underneath. It was quite humorous. Okay.. so after Church we went to shorty smalls where I ate WAY too much. We started to head home for a relaxing Sunday afternoon when we passed our neighborhood park. Britt said he thought someone was at the park on the ground trying to wave for help.. He slowed to see if we needed to go back, but we decided to go ahead and drive home and walk over to the park. There was a lady sitting on the ground next to a tree asking for help. She said she was waving at cars as they passed by, but everyone just waved back at her.. Well, she began to tell us how she ended up on the ground in the first place. At first she said she didn't know if she had a stroke or what, but she didn't have any feeling in her feet. Then she said she was driving down the road when the car in front of her through a suspicious bag out the window into the little creek that runs near the park. She was convinced it was drugs and called the police. They told her it was probably trash and not to worry about. She decided to go investigate herself and fell when she was trying to get down to the creek. She then told us that she was diabetic and that's why she didn't have feeling in her legs. We tried to get her to let us call an ambulance - and at that point she seemed to make a pretty quick recovery. She asked for help getting up and felt sure she could get to her car after that. I went down and retreived the mysterious bag which did indeed have nothing in it but trash. We walked her back to her car and came on home. I think it was a case of an overactive imagination. I felt bad for her, but then even felt worse about myself because I was suspicious from the beginning. What if she really had been having a stroke? I was leary of even helping her up because you never know who is going to try to sue you for something. That's a sad statement for the society we live in today - that I would think of that before helping someone. I am glad we went to help her though.
Happy Easter!

1 comments:

Susan April 8, 2007 at 6:24 PM  

What good Samaritans! I agree - you can NEVER be too cautious. Even though there is plenty of good in the world, there are A LOT of weirdos out there!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.