Power Outages and Other Excuses..

So what was my excuse for not going to the gym? We stayed up too late and couldn't get up in the morning. And what was my excuse for not going this morning? The power went out, we didn't sleep well and we overslept this morning.. I am wondering what it will be tomorrow!!! UGH. Okay.. about the Easter outfit. At first, I was heartbroken. I bought this linen suit that I have had my eye on for a while. I really liked it. The suit was a pretty brown and I got a salmon colored top to go with it (hence the toe polish - he he he). I got home, tried on the pants - and they were TOO TIGHT! ARGH. I was so heartbroken. I thought, I am going to have to go buy a bigger size!!! NOOOOOO!!! That's like torture for the fat girl! To have to go UP a size when you already buy your clothes in the big girl section anyway!!! What the heck??? So I take my pants, go up to the store to exchange for the "Big As Texas" size.. I get my new pants, come home, try them on.. THEY FIT THE SAME AS THE SMALLER ONES!!!! What is this designer trying to pull!! I mean, they fit EXACTLY the same. Then I got mad. I was angry at first to think "great, I thought I found the perfect Easter outfit and now I have to start all over again"..but then I chose to look at it a different way. At least my butt isn't so big that I REALLY needed to go up another size, right??? Right???? ha ha ha. I can truly say that it was the way the pants were made and not because I skipped going to the gym. Not that it excuses me from going to the gym. I will just have to come up with other excuses for that.. :)
Prayers for today: health for my kiddos, motivation for better health for myself, a new Easter outfit, and a peaceful Easter weekend.

2 comments:

Susan April 4, 2007 at 2:41 PM  

You'll get there! Both to the gym AND the (even) smaller pants. I know it!

Susan April 5, 2007 at 6:47 AM  

I want to hear about today! Good or bad!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.