How Early?????

Tomorrow Britt and I are going to attempt the early morning trip to the gym. UGH. I detest getting up in the morning. I am glad that Britt and I are doing this together though. It gives us the chance to spend some time together. We don't get many opportunities for such anymore. My oven went out - again. Britt fixed it once but said it was on it's last legs and couldn't be fixed this time. My in-laws came to the rescue. They had a jenn-air stove out in the barn that someone gave them. They brought it down here for us and I'll be darned if it's not nicer than the one I had in here already.. What a blessing! It needs to be cleaned up and Britt is going to have to do some re-working on our cabinets to get the thing in here, but I am happy. I will be happy to have an oven that works and four whole burners to use!! And it's black and stainless - which is the direction I am trying to go in for the kitchen. It's such a hodge podge right now. White fridge, cream dishwasher, stainless microwave, and did have an almond stove but now a black and stainless one. :)
I have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't started. UGH. It's just the rough draft that's due tomorrow but still. I should have had it done by now. I am hoping to have time tomorrow evening to throw something together. I am enjoying being in school but it is challenging to find time to read and get my papers done.
I have class tomorrow, class at St. James on Wednesday, Elijah has soccer on Thursday - another busy week for the Talleys!
I got an email today from a cancer friend. She is one my dearest. her daughter is a leukemia relapse. She isn't doing well. They just found out she has Veno Occlusive Disease. It pisses me off. Chemo is so harsh - it's poison, really. We have to poison our kids to get them better, but sometimes the chemo causes additional life threatening diseases. Lindsey's liver isn't functioning. VOD is very often fatal. This sweet angel has fought cancer TWICE and now might lose her battle because of a chemo side effect. Infuriating. I can't put stuff like this on Elijah's website because other cancer families might read it and his site is for updates on him - not my rants.. so sorry pals who read this. I just needed to get it off my chest.
my prayers for today: Britt to be at Peace with his decision, health for my kids, to find polish for my toes that match my Easter shirt, and a good night's sleep.

3 comments:

Kevin April 3, 2007 at 8:24 AM  

Hey Dawn.
Thanks for the sweet shout out on my blog! Any friend of Susan's is a friend of mine!!
I'll be checking in on your blog from now on too!!!

Kevin

Susan April 3, 2007 at 11:37 AM  

You are just amazing. 100% amazing.

Do you know how AWESOME it is that you are going back to school? Yes ma'am - you are an inspiration.

I'll listen to any rant any time! You know me!

Kevin, the previous commenter, just had an adorable baby boy.

I know all will work out with the Talleys and ALL DECISIONS...

Michelle April 3, 2007 at 8:12 PM  

Okay, so just curious ... you only need polish to match your Easter shirt because ... there aren't bottoms that match?? :) :)

Love you and love your rants. Ditto on all that!

Michelle

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.