Stretched....


I have been a slacker on updating my blog! I guess I just feel like I have been stretched a bit thin this week - and I don't mean that literally!! ha ha. I wish I did! I have a test today that I am not prepared for. My husband keeps saying "you will do fine - you always say you aren't prepared" - but this time I really am not. I have done okay on eating this week (other than the gallons of cheese I consumed at supper club last night!! YUM) but have not been in the gym one time. I have just been exhausted! This weekend will include much house work and laundry. I have so much laundry that I seriously contemplated taking it all to the laundromat and doing it at one time. Is that horrible? I think it is on so many levels. The fact that I am that far behind is disturbing in itself - the fact that I would be willing to spend money and sit in a laundromat for two hours just to get it over with is a bit troublesome as well. Oh well. Better to do that, sit and read a book and be done, then to be overwhelmed with it all weekend. right??? I can justify anything. I bought some lotion with a self tanner in it yesterday. I applied it this morning and laughed the whole time thinking of my friend Michelle. :) (you will have to go to her blog to catch the meaning.. ) After I finished, Hannah said "I hope you didn't put that on your feet, mom.. you will look wierd".. great. No one told me that. I thought I was doomed then I remembered that there is NO WAY it could look worse than my dreadful Mystic Tan experience from last year.. UGH..
prayers for today: health for my kids; to pass this test; to figure out what to cook for dinner; and to have a productive afternoon at work. :)
Peace!

3 comments:

Susan April 13, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

This weekend is supposed to be rainy and yucky. It is the perfect time to catch up on household stuff and spend time with the family! And I bet you can even squeeze in a workout!

Michelle April 13, 2007 at 9:41 AM  

I put my self tanner on the top of my feet ... then I put on my flip flops and it rubs a little off. Later, it looks like I have "real" tan lines from my flip flops! :) Maybe that is weird ...

Have a great weekend!

Dawn April 13, 2007 at 11:23 AM  

that's not weird! It's a great idea! I would try it but I think Britt threw all of my flip flops in the trash!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.